Bay-Friendly Landscape Maintenance Training & Qualification Program
Alameda County - starts January 17th, 2012
HOURS & LOCATION
Classes will meet for seven Tuesdays beginning on January 17, 2012 and will meet from 1:00 - 4:30 pm:
1. Tuesday, January 17, 1:00 - 4:30 pm
2. Tuesday, January 24, 1:00 - 4:30 pm
3. Tuesday, January 31, 1:00 - 4:30 pm
4. Tuesday, February 7, 1:00 - 4:30 pm
5. Tuesday, February 14, 1:00 - 4:30 pm
6. Tuesday, February 21, 1:00 - 4:30 pm
7. Tuesday, February 28, 1:00 - 4:30 pm
Please note you must be able to attend all seven classes.
All classes will be held at the StopWaste.Org office (1537 Webster Street in downtown Oakland, map here), with the exception of one class, to be held at the nearby Lake Merritt Garden Center.
The course fee will be $150* per person for 7-week series, and includes certificate upon completion, and a two-year Individual Landscape Professional membership in the Bay-Friendly Coalition. If you are already a member, your active membership will be extended by two years.
*Note: Any businesses or public agencies who are current Bay-Friendly members at the Small Business/Non-Profit or Large Business/Public Agency levels will receive a 20% discount on the course fee for all employees enrolled.
Scholarships are available for public agency staff from StopWaste.Org’s member agencies. Contact Adrienne Ramirez (email@example.com) if you work for a city in Alameda County or the county itself and would like to apply for a scholarship to the training.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICIPATION
1) Clients in Alameda County AND
2) 1 year full time experience in the landscape industry OR
2 year curriculum in landscape horticulture
3) Must be able to attend all seven classes
REQUIREMENTS FOR QUALIFICATION
1) Attend all seven classes, totaling 24 hours
2) Pass a written exam