Pete Pedersen is a landscape architect with over twenty seven years experience in residential, commercial and civic design. Since 1983, he has been the principal of Pedersen Associates, a firm specializing in custom residential design and estate garden renovation. His work reflects the careful integration of site and architecture, blending together natural land forms, built features and appropriate plantings into unique and lasting outdoor environments. Mr. Pedersen's award-winning projects have been featured in numerous national and local publications, including The Pacific Horticulture's Book of Western Gardening, Sunset, California Home & Design, Coastal Living, Architectural Digest, Marin Magazine and was the landscape architect for Sunset Magazine's centennial Western Dream House constructed in Menlo Park. Mr. Pedersen has been featured several times on HGTVs’ program Landscape Smart and has bee featured in Marin Magazine. An active member of the Bay Area design community, Mr. Pedersen has served on several local review boards and state advisory committees. Mr. Pedersen presently lives in San Anselmo and practices in San Rafael, California.
- Sheet Mulching or Lawn Conversion
- Alameda County Northern - Albany, Berkeley, Emeryville, Piedmont, etc.
- Alameda County Central - Alameda, Oakland, San Leandro, Castro Valley, San Lorenzo, etc.
- Contra Costa County Western - El Cerrito, Hercules, Pinole, Richmond, San Pablo, etc.
- Contra Costa County Central - Concord, Danville, Lafayette, Martinez, Moraga, Orinda, Pleasant Hill, San Ramon, Walnut Creek, etc.
- Marin County
- Napa County
- San Francisco County
- Santa Clara County Northern - Palo Alto, Mountain View, Sunnyvale, Santa Clara, San Jose, Cupertino, etc.
- Sonoma County
Specialty Services Provided
Drought Tolerant Plants
Stormwater/Rainwater bioswales, rain gardens, etc.
Landscape Structures retaining walls, patios, outdoor kitchens, etc.
Irrigation & Hydrozoning
Lawn Removal Sheet Mulching
Soil Analysis & Improvement
Removal of Invasives english ivy, etc.
Year Qualified: 2010
Year Qualified: 2011