Vee Horticulture is a landscape design and build firm located in Berkeley, California. We work on both large and small projects in and around the San Francisco Bay Area. For over 15 years we have created hundreds of beautiful gardens and happy customers.
Our commitment to ecologically sustainable practices is a common thread throughout our design and installation process. Here are some examples:
• Recycling and reusing materials
• Creative use of found objects and salvaged materials
• Keeping soils on site and out of the landfill
• Integrating and enhancing existing features and plants where feasible
• Using green and sustainably harvested/gathered building materials
• Choosing climate appropriate plantings
• Conserving water with drought tolerant landscapes
• Integrating edible plants
• Including Native Californian and Mediterranean plants
• Attracting birds and pollinators
• Protecting and enhancing wildlife habitat and diversity
• Maintaining soil health through organic practices
• Using Integrated Pest Management to minimize pests and diseases
At Vee Horticulture we listen you, your wishes and desires and integrate these with a keen understanding of the challenges and opportunities inherent in each project.
- Sheet Mulching or Lawn Conversion
- Alameda County Northern - Albany, Berkeley, Emeryville, Piedmont, etc.
- Alameda County Central - Alameda, Oakland, San Leandro, Castro Valley, San Lorenzo, etc.
- Alameda County Southern - Hayward, Union City, Fremont, Newark, Sunol, etc.
- Contra Costa County Western - El Cerrito, Hercules, Pinole, Richmond, San Pablo, etc.
- Contra Costa County Central - Concord, Danville, Lafayette, Martinez, Moraga, Orinda, Pleasant Hill, San Ramon, Walnut Creek, etc.
- Marin County
- Napa County
- San Francisco County
Specialty Services Provided
Drought Tolerant Plants
Stormwater/Rainwater bioswales, rain gardens, etc.
Landscape Structures retaining walls, patios, outdoor kitchens, etc.
Irrigation & Hydrozoning
Integrated Pest Management
Lawn Removal Sheet Mulching
Soil Analysis & Improvement
Removal of Invasives english ivy, etc.
Composting and/or Grasscycling
Year Qualified: 2010
Year Qualified: 2008
Year Requalified: 2010
Year Qualified: 2011