S.BIAGGI/sculptural landscapes offers the unique combination of an ecological designer with an artistís eye and years of experience in contemporary design. I have been creating gardens in the greater Bay Area since I opened my landscape design studio in 1984 after receiving an MA in sculpture in 1981 from San Francisco State. My design practice is about maintaining the flow of nature whether in a sculpture, garden, or the marriage of the two. In 2008 I had the opportunity to attend the Bioneers Conference, which dramatically affected my way of thinking, living, creating, and designing. In the winter of 2010 after concentrated study I became certified in Permaculture Design. My design practice has changed into one that is committed to deep ecology using permaculture systems that emphasize soil building, water conservation, plantings that sustain each other, use of local materials, and conservation of energy.
- Alameda County Northern - Albany, Berkeley, Emeryville, Piedmont, etc.
- Alameda County Central - Alameda, Oakland, San Leandro, Castro Valley, San Lorenzo, etc.
- Alameda County Eastern - Dublin, Pleasanton, Livermore, etc.
- Alameda County Southern - Hayward, Union City, Fremont, Newark, Sunol, etc.
- Marin County
- San Francisco County
- Santa Clara County Northern - Palo Alto, Mountain View, Sunnyvale, Santa Clara, San Jose, Cupertino, etc.
- Sonoma County
Specialty Services Provided
Drought Tolerant Plants
Stormwater/Rainwater bioswales, rain gardens, etc.
Landscape Structures retaining walls, patios, outdoor kitchens, etc.
Integrated Pest Management
Lawn Removal Sheet Mulching
Soil Analysis & Improvement
Removal of Invasives english ivy, etc.
Composting and/or Grasscycling
Year Qualified: 2011